A paint remover functions by penetrating layers of paint and causing the layers to de-laminate from each other. Once the bond between the paint or varnish and underlying surface is compromised, the paint or varnish becomes easy to remove. METHOCEL™ acts to reduce evaporation rates of solvents and keep them in place, optimizing the time the solvent interacts with the surface.
Advantages of Using METHOCEL™:
- Organic and water solubility
- Used to compatibilize disparate solvents
- Helps softened paint to be rinsed off easily with water
- Can be added directly to solvent under normal agitation, no need to pre-disperse in a non or low-solvent component
- Free flowing powder disperses evenly without lumps
- Fine tune thixotropy
- Stripper remains on the vertical surface
- Longer contact times by reducing evaporation rate
If you would like to learn more about METHOCEL™
or discuss other aspects of your paint stripper formulation, our dedicated team wants to be a resource for you. Call us at 1.855.407.7176, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
, or go to our Contact Us
page to reach us.