ETHOCEL™ Standard 4 Premium is a high purity multi-functional resin. It works as a binder, thickener, rheology modifier, film former, and water barrier in many applications as detailed below:
- Ceramics: ETHOCEL™ ETHOCEL™ Standard 4 Premium is the highest quality binder used in ceramics especially multi-layer ceramic capacitors (MLCC) and other high-end electronic ceramic applications. It functions as a binder and rheology modifier. It also provides green strength and burns out without residue.
- Conductive Pastes: ETHOCEL™ Standard 4 Premium is used in conductive pastes and inks as a binder and rheology modifier. It stabilizes metal pigments and burns out cleanly.
- Printing Inks: ETHOCEL™ Standard 4 is commonly used in solvent-based ink systems. Its organosolubility, high compatibility with plasticizers and polymers make it best fit for gravure, flexographic and screen printing inks. It functions as a rheology modifier, dispersant, and a binder which helps the formation of tough and high resistance films.
- Specialty Coatings: ETHOCEL™ Standard 4 provides waterproofing, toughness, flexibility and high gloss to paints and coatings. It works at room temperature and also highly efficient in low and high temperatures. ETHOCEL™ Standard 4 is commonly used in paper, fluorescent lighting, roofing, enameling, lacquers, varnishes, and marine coatings.
- Other Applications: ETHOCEL™ Standard 4 is also used in cleaners, flexible packaging, lubricants, and any other solvent-based systems.